Tuesday 11 September 2012

GDT for Dawn's Crafting BCA Challenge

I first saw these bikini cards on Dorcas's Blog, you can find her post here. I made my own template, but you can find one at StampOwl's Studio here. I've actually made mine as fancy underwear, don't think the diamante would survive a dip in the ocean really. 

A slight error, my daughter pointed out to me, on the back which should read I'm, and not In right behind you...whatever that might mean. I'll change it before sending it...if I remember lol.   

As the heading says, this is for the Breast Cancer Awareness Challenge at Dawn's Crafting. Dawn's Mom has been fighting a tough battle against Breast Cancer for the last 18ths. Please pop over to her post to read more, see details for entering, see the many, many wonderful prizes on offer, and see the inspiration from her team. 

As you can see, I made a second version. The card above I used a shimmery pink cardstock from stash, the one below is white and coloured and shaded with chalk inks. On both my lace is paper (from ACE catalogue), and the DP's are  papermania. Gems and ribbon bows are stash and my sentiments are hand written with sakura gel pen. 

I'd like to enter this for the Catered Crop - Pink Challenge



7 comments:

Babs said...

This is super Linda, really cute. I've made a couple of these cards, they are so cute for a lingerie bridal shower. (They do those here, maybe not in the UK.)
Hope you and your daughter are doing well.
Luv, Babs xo

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Linda,
Oh this is a fabulous cause and your card is fun and frivilous, just what is needed to lift the spirits of those who have any knowledge of this awful disease. I love the papers, they are perfect for cute underwear and so modern.
I will have a good look at the challenge and see if I can find the time this week to take part. I am awfully tired at the moment and in alot of pain so I am taking a couple of days off.
I do hope you and your daughter are doing ok at the moment. I think of you both often. Take care
Hugs Linda xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Linda,
wonderful, wonderful, cards. Really like these. You are so clever Linda.
Good luck in the challenge.
Have a wonderful crafty day everyone.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Christine Harrop said...

I've seen these cards before and they are such fun. You have done a fabulous job with them Linda - perfect for this challenge for such a wonderful cause! The papers are great. Love from Christine x

coops said...

these are stunning linda.really love the design and fab pretty papers ;D

xx coops xx

Dorcas said...

Wow Lin, Ive missed so many great posts! Sorry for being such a bad blogging buddy. :) Just out of the blogging loop lately. This came out fantastic Lin! I like your version just as well as the bikini-er one. ALl your stuff is wonderful!

My name is Cindy said...

Great card and great cause. Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Lindy's Maid Wid Luv Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries