Friday 20 July 2012

Forget you're ill

A get well card for a five year old with chicken pox, poor boy. I'm hoping this will cheer him up a little, he likes cars. The image is Mo's, and he didn't originally have curly hair, so hope Mo doesn't mind me taking liberties with my colouring pencils. It means he's ended up with big hair, hope his mom likes the 80's look lol. 

He's coloured mostly with ProMarkers, but Lyca pencils for the hair and the bumper and go faster stripe. I tired to make them look metalic as per the tutorial on Dorcas' Blog. I only had the dark & light cool grey so had to do my best with those. I'm not too displeased, but want my greys to do it properly lol. 

My greeting is stamped, using a frame stamp and separate get well. They are both stamped in versamagic chalk, and the card outlined in the same chalk. 

My cardstock is from the £10 Mystery Parcel I received from Sarah Wright today. It's a lovely pearl, shiny and embossed. The Mystery Parcel is well worth the money, I had beautiful double sided patterned A4 cardstock, A4, A5 & 8x8 double sided papers....all lovely. Stamp sets, rub on, sticker, including 3d Stickers, ribbon, raffia, velvet rik-rak. I am so pleased with everything.....such a lot of fun to unpack it all. 
Recipe...
Background Image - Digi Sparkle
Cardstock, Ribbon & frame stamp - Sarah Wright
Get Well Stamp - KaiserCraft mini sentiments
Die Cut's - Spellbinders
Colourants - Promarkers, Lyca Pencils, Versamagic Chalk. 
Yellow Button - The Ribbon Girl
Rest from stash. 

I'd like to enter this for 
Chalk N Stock - Get Well 

I won Honorable Mention with Chalk & Stock Heyyyy!!



11 comments:

craftymum said...

wonderful card Lin. I am sure it will cheer the little boy up. Glad you like your craft bits too.

hugs Sarah x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and fab layout.xxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awww- poor little guy! All three of mine had the Chickenpox. Your card is fabulous- and the hair you added- so awesome!!!

Faye said...

I'd love to receive this bright and cheery card if I were feeling naff! xx

dj1952 said...

Wow! Linda, this is an amazing card. I LOVE the vibrant colors. It doesn't look like something colored, it looks like a print or something. I'm sure he loves it. Hugs, dj

Tammylee said...

Another great Get Well card! Love the use of chalk. Thanks for playing along with us at Chalk N Stock!

Anonymous said...

A perfect bright and cheerful card for a little boy! Hope he feels better soon. I remember when my 2 had chicken pox. We had to miss the memorial that year :(
Pearl x

Tameko said...

Adorable card. Beautiful coloring. Thanks for joining the "Get Well" challenge at Chalk N Stock!

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

Adorable, Linda! Such a sweet card for this poor little boy!
How are you, Linda?! And how´s Paula?!
Hubby and I are fine, but I felt, that I needed a break from paper crafting and commenting during summertime... I concentrate a little more on my photography skills... natural light is wonderful now!
Sending a big hug your way,
Uli

debby4000 said...

Soooo cute.
luv
Debby

Dorcas said...

Wow I missed so much! See how out of the loop I am? You did great with this Lin and especially since you only had the two pencils,wow! fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Lindy's Maid Wid Luv Copyright © 2010 Blog make-over by Creation Faeries